Monday, October 22, 2012

NYX Cosmetics

UPDATE (June 19, 2013): NYX has emailed me assuring me of the compliance of their raw ingredient manufactures. This is what they said: 
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out! NYX Cosmetics is certified and acknowledged by organizations, such as PETA, as a cruelty free brand. NYX is committed to producing 100% cruelty-free cosmetics. NYX does not test any of its raw materials or finished products on animals.
Kindest Regards,
NYX Cosmetics
I will be adding them back to My Cruelty Free list.  



UPDATE: (June 11, 2013) 
I have heard some unsettling news from one of my lovely readers (Deani). Please click here, she linked me to this article. I'm going to be calling them. I will keep you all updated!!


Hey guys. 

HOORAY!! I finally received a reply from NYX cosmetics. After countless attempts, I decided to get more assertive and demand a reply. This is what I send out to them: 
     
    
 "I have read your FAQ's page and have looked the PETA's DO NOT list [click here to check it out] . I am aware your   company does not test on animals; however since I am conducting my own research I would like a reply from a representative reinforcing that fact. This is my third effort in trying to contact you guys. IF i receive a reply I will be sharing it on humanelychic.blogspot.com . I know you must receive many of these emails; but as a customer I think I deserve to have my question addressed on an individual level. -Camila A." 


Clearly, you can note my impatience, but come on, how hard is it to reply? Well, by-gones be by-gones! NYX is still one of the few big brand companies that is cruelty-free and I will forgive them just for that fact :) <3 

This is what I received in reply: 


"Hi Camila,
We do not test on animals and choose our vendors who know our commitment to being animal cruelty free. We do not sell our products in countries that require animal testing. We renewed our PETA symbol as shown on our website. We hope this helps. Sorry for the late reply.
Best,
NYX Cosmetics"





So what do I think?

I am esthetic, I held off on purchasing from NYX because I really felt that in order to make my research something "scholarly" or more credible, I needed something official from the company. I feel completely safe buying from them, and I will be doing so soon. ;)

Email me at ca.alva@yahoo.com if you want to share your NYX research or if you have a question for me. Comment below, I would love to know your opinion.


-Camila A. ☼


7 comments:

  1. Hello dear, I'm a fan of NYX too. But I found something weird here http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-94-13-piece-makeup-brush-kit-bset02.aspx
    "The brushes are made from a blend ofhigh-quality synthetic and ANIMAL HAIR."

    Well, I'm a Muslim, and I don't want a brush that made from boar bristle. For me, synthetic only. What do you think about that statement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miranty,
      Well, there are cruelty-free brands (not vegan necessarily) that do use animal hair in their brushes. For example ELF uses horse hair in their $1 brushes, and Sonia Kashuk also uses animal hair. They certify that they do so by cutting the hair, and in a humane manner. At least that is what they claim, I can't do much to certify that it's 100% true. That is one reason that I encourage companies that are no certified by LeapingBunny to become certified, as LeapinBunny audits them to make sure everything is truly cruelty-free. I would recommend you email NYX directly or call them and ask them about the type of hair they use in their brushes. You can email them here : http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/ContactUs.aspx
      and call them at (1.323.869.9420 ).
      I will also contact them and ask more in detail information about the type of hair they use.

      Please email me if you have more questions and I will do my best to answer them for you! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation, you're very helped! I do contact them once via their website and an email which I cc to you. But they don't reply me until now. Is it so hard to get in touch with them? How many emails you've sent to them to get a reply? Please inform me. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I've been doing my own research on NYX , and unfortunately I have stumbled across this report
    http://www.hotashi.com/jetaime/?p=4820

    ReplyDelete
  3. So basically NYX isn't opposing 3rd party animal testing , this is quite hard for me, every time I find a good make up brand they start selling in china !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Deani! I will definitely look into it! I'm going to call them & see what is going on. I'm going to remove them from my list just to be sure! :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. @Deani & @Camila == The site listed above shows a link to an update to that post made a week later. The link for that is here: http://www.hotashi.com/jetaime/?p=5142 The statement from NYX doesn't state that they allow 3rd party testing. I'm wondering where this information is coming from. I only ask because I buy alot of NYX, but if they truly aren't cruelty free anymore, I'd love to know your source. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)